Dr. Brett Almond is an experienced and talented vascular surgeon, practicing in the Tampa Bay area at Bay Surgical Specialists based in St. Petersburg and Pasadena, FL. He specializes in surgical treatment of arterial diseases including arterial occlusion (blockages), diabetic venous issues and ulcers and aortic aneurysms.
Dr. Almond earned his medical degree from the University of Florida College of Medicine and served his residency at the University of Michigan. Dr. Almond also completed a fellowship in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is board certified in both General and Vascular surgery. Dr. Almond is a member of the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, the Society of Vascular Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the Florida Medical Association and the Pinellas County Medical Association.
Dr. Almond says that the most rewarding part of his profession is being able to see his patients lead improved, healthier lives under his care. Patients who need his surgical expertise will benefit from his true passion to help his patients feel better and to see them grow stronger and healthier following treatment.
Dr. Almond and his colleagues at Bay Surgical Specialists are highly trained and expert surgeons, aiming to provide the highest quality of care to their patients. New patients are being welcomed and most major forms of medical insurance are being accepted.
• Carotid Endarterectomy • TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR) • Carotid Artery Stenting
• Open Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair • Endovascular Thoracic and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair • Aortobifemoral Bypass
• Minimally Invasive Endovascular Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease: Angioplasty, Stenting • Lower Extremity Bypass/Peripheral Arterial Bypass • Treatment of Arterial Leg and Foot Ulcers • Lower Extremity Amputation
• Radiofrequency Ablation (RF Closure) • VenaSeal Ablation • Vein Ligation, Phlebectomy, Sclerotherapy • Treatment of Diabetic Ulcers
• Arteriovenous Fistulas and Grafts • Tunneled Catheter and Port Placements • Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters