10 Rules to Know and Understand After Bariatric Surgery
- EXERCISE 30 MINUTES DAILY – this is as important as altering your eating habits for overall health/wellness and to assist you with weight loss.
- Eat only three small meals daily that are a ¼ cup or 2ounces in size.
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly.
- Stop eating immediately when you feel full.
- Do not drink fluids with meals. Liquids should be ingested between meals, at least 30-60 minutes after a meal (water, no sugar drinks, decaf tea, diluted juice in small amounts); *drinking fluids during or after the meal tends to flush foods through the pouch and you will not get the prolonged feeling of satiety needed to help you lose weight.
- Eat only good quality foods. Avoid “junk” foods.
- Do not eat between meals.
- Avoid very fibrous foods.
- Drink enough fluids between meals. Drink only non-calorie or low calorie liquids; you need about one gallon (16 cups of liquid) daily to prevent dehydration.
- Crush all medications
Get to know our physicians to discuss other safe tips after lapband surgery.